History of Camp Kingsley
Founded in 1921, Camp Kingsley is named for W.J.P. Kingsley, MD. Originally, the camp was situated on approximately 40 acres of land donated by Dr. Kingsley's son, W.L. Kingsley, MD,. but over the years additional land has been acquired and buildings have been erected due to the generosity of a variety of groups and individuals. Today, Camp Kingsley is comprised of roughly 500 acres of land. Bordered by the Point Rock State Forest, it contains numerous cabins, a dining hall facility, storage buildings, and shower houses.
When founded, Camp Kingsley was part of the Rome Boy Scout Council. Since then, it has been associated with the Fort Stanwix Council, the Iroquois Council, Land of Oneidas Council and is presently an important part of the Revolutionary Trails Council camping program. Camp Kingsley is used primarily for a Cub Scout camp during the summer months, but also is used throughout the year for Unit, District and Council events. In 1996 Camp Kingsley celebrated its 75th Birthday.
Tour of Camp Kingsley
Camp Kingsley Cabins
A full facility male and female bathrooms, including showers, and a washer and dryer. During summer camp it is used by the Camp Staff and another Shower house located approx. 100 feet to the right is used by the young Scout Campers.
Camp Kingsley has 10 campsites for Den, Pack, Patrol and Troop camping. Three of them have lean-tos that each sleep six (5 in Ranger and 4 in Seneca, 8 in Oneida), and the remaining sites are rustic sites for tent camping. All contain latrines, camp fire area, flag pole, and running water in the summer.
It's Cub Scouting!...It's camp...It's fun at every turn!